Library Services Update
OUR SPACES ARE OPEN
Browsing & Limited Services | Curbside Pickup
Stop in to:
- Browse the shelves and pick out your items.
- Pick up items on hold.
- Get Grab & Go Books.
- Return items.
- Use a computer (60-minute limit).
- Reserve a table.
- Print, copy, scan and fax.
- Get in-person Job Help & Homework Help (limited locations).
Get Job Help at our Franklinton and Hilltop branches. Services include job search help, technology skills training and information about how to connect with local resources and the state unemployment office.
- Choose your pickup location when you reserve your item.
Wait until you’ve been notified that your item is ready to pick up.
Once your pick up is ready, you only need to do the following steps in order to pick up your items.
Once your pick up is ready, follow these steps:
- Visit during open hours.
Look for the curbside pickup signs posted in the parking lot and on the doors.
- Delivery to vehicles for Curbside Pickup ends at 5:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday due to the end of Daylight Savings Time.
- Arriving after 5:30 p.m.? You can still pick up your items. Call the Curbside Pickup number for instructions.
- Have your library card number ready.
- Call the phone number on the sign.
- Deaf or hard of hearing, text using the number provided.
- Staff answering the phone will check out your items and bring them to your vehicle.
- If you walked, staff will provide instructions for contact-free pickup. Face covering required.
Book Suggestions and Document Services:
- If you want staff to suggest a book, call the phone number on the sign and staff will help you.
- If you want information about our print/copy/scan/fax curbside service, call the phone number on the sign for instructions. Face covering required to pick up printed and copied pages.
- Drive-Up Pickup is available at our New Albany, Northern Lights, Parsons, Shepard and Whitehall branches.
- Main Library provides Curbside Pickup in the parking garage and contact-free pickup in the atrium. Call the phone number on the sign for instructions. Face covering required to pick up items in the atrium.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED
- Face coverings must be 2 or more layers, cover mouth and nose and fit snugly.
- Face coverings may not contain exhalation vents or valves.
- Children 5 and older are required to wear a face covering.
- Disposable face masks will be available to customers.
- If you aren’t able to wear a face covering, use our curbside or walk-up services.
- Children under the age of 7 must be accompanied by someone age 16 or older.
- We’re limiting the number of customers in our buildings for effective social distancing.
- Staff will let you know if you need to wait to enter.
- Please stay 6 feet apart from others.
- Library visits are limited to 2 hours per customer per day.
- Customers spending 2 hours at a table may not use other library services.
- If you or your family members are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or recently tested positive for COVID-19, please do not visit our locations.