Check here for our most frequently asked questions.
Ohio residents may apply for a library card online or in person. If applying online apply for a library card, a card number will be generated and can be used immediately to access digital materials and reserve items.
If applying in person, a physical card will be provided during the application process.
- Books: 21 days
- Magazines and other print materials: 7 days
- Fiction DVDs and Blu-rays: 7 days
- Nonfiction DVDs and Blu-rays: 14 days
- Audiobooks: 21 days
- Music: 14 days
- Video games: 7 days
- Books, magazines and other print materials: 50 items combined
- DVDs and Blu-rays: 20 items
- Audiobooks and music: 30 items combined
- Video games: 2 items
Fines on materials: CML no longer charges fines for overdue materials, but there are still charges for lost or damaged materials.
You can pay fees the following ways:
- At any library location by cash, check, credit or debit card
- Online with a major credit or debit card: go to My Account and have your library card number and PIN handy
- By mail (please allow additional time): send check with library card number noted to: Columbus Metropolitan Library, Attention: Circulation, 96 S. Grant Ave., Columbus, OH 43215
Please visit any library location or Contact Us.
Library Card PINs are 4 digits long. The PIN defaults to the last 4 numbers of the phone number associated with your account. You may have also opted to reset your PIN to a 4-digit number of your choosing. If you have registered for an account through our website, you can use the Forgot your PIN? link to be emailed a link to reset it.
Staff at any location can update your contact information when you show your picture ID. Contact Us if your library card number is available.
Send Us A Message.
We typically reply within 48 hours.