COLUMBUS—Columbus Metropolitan Library (CML) will reopen most of its 23 locations for Limited Services starting Monday, Feb. 8.
With LIMITED SERVICES, customers can enter the building to:
- Browse the shelves to pick out items.
- Pick up items on hold.
- Get Grab & Go Books.
- Return items.
- Use a computer (60-minute limit).
- Reserve a table.
- Print, copy, scan and fax.
- Get in-person Job Help and Homework Help at limited locations.
CML’s New Albany Branch is open for Drive-Up Pickup only during its renovation, expected to be completed in March. And CML’s Marion-Franklin Branch, which has been closed for all services, will reopen with limited weekday hours.
Curbside Pickup and Walk-Up Services will remain available for those customers who prefer them.
Face coverings must be worn to enter CML locations, as required by Gov. Mike DeWine.
CML will continue to follow guidelines provided by local, county and state health officials and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Digital library resources remain available 24/7 at columbuslibrary.org, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, magazines, movies and music, plus research and learning tools.
CML has many channels for customers to connect with staff, including:
- Live Chat: CML’s live chat feature is a convenient way to get help Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sunday from 1-5 p.m.
- Phone Lines: CML staff are available at 614-645-2275 to give customers the help they need Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sunday from 1-5 p.m.
- School Help: K-12 students, parents and teachers can connect with staff members for Online Homework Help.
- Reserve an Expert: Customers can book an online, one-on-one appointment to get the help they need.
The safety of customers and staff is a priority for the library. Follow CML on social media (Facebook, Twitter) and check columbuslibrary.org for updates. Additional changes in operation will be shared as this public health situation continues to evolve.
CML is grateful to its customers, friends, colleagues and supporters who have expressed their concern and understanding during this uncertain time.