LIBRARY SERVICES UPDATE
Starting Monday, Feb. 8:
We’re open for browsing and
limited services at most locations!
Curbside Pickup is still available everywhere too.
The New Albany Branch is open for Drive-Up Pickup only during its renovation, expected to be completed this spring. The Marion-Franklin Branch will reopen Feb. 8 with limited hours.
See HOW CURBSIDE PICKUP WORKS for the details.
With our Limited Services, come in to:
- Browse the shelves to pick out your items.
- Pick up items on hold.
- Get Grab & Go Books.
- Return items.
- Use a computer (60-minute limit).
- Reserve a table.
- Print, copy, scan and fax.
- Get in-person Job Help and Homework Help at limited locations (see below).
Get Job Help
- Get Job Help at our Franklinton and Hilltop branches. Services include job search help, technology skills training and information about how to connect with local resources and the state unemployment office.
Get Homework Help
- K-12 students can get in-person Homework Help after school at our Karl Road and Reynoldsburg branches. Online Homework Help is available 7 days a week on our School Help page.
FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER
- Face coverings must be 2 or more layers, cover mouth and nose and fit snugly.
- Face coverings may not contain exhalation vents or valves.
- Children 5 and older are required to wear a face covering.
- Disposable face masks will be available to customers.
- If you aren’t able to wear a face covering, use our curbside or walk-up services.
Please also note:
- Children under the age of 7 must be accompanied by someone age 16 or older.
- We’re limiting the number of customers in our buildings to ensure effective social distancing. Staff will let you know if you need to wait to enter.
- Library visits are limited to 2 hours per customer per day.
- Customers spending 2 hours at a table may not access other library services.
- Please stay 6 feet apart from others.
- If you or your family members are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or recently tested positive for COVID-19, please do not visit our locations.
HOW CURBSIDE PICKUP WORKS:
1. Choose your pickup location when you reserve your item.
2. Once you’ve been notified that your item is ready to pick up:
- Visit during open hours.
- Look for the curbside pickup signs posted in the parking lot and on the doors.
- Due to the end of Daylight Savings Time:
- Delivery to vehicles for Curbside Pickup will end at 5:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday.
- Arriving after 5:30 p.m.? Call the Curbside Pickup number and staff will tell you where to pick up your items.
- Have your library card number ready.
- Call the phone number on the sign.
- Deaf or hard of hearing, text using the number provided.
- Staff answering the phone will check out your items and bring them to your vehicle.
- If you walked, staff will provide instructions for contact-free pickup. You must wear a face covering for walkup pickup.
If you would like staff to suggest a book, call the phone number on the sign and staff will help you.
If you would like information about our print/copy/scan/fax curbside service, call the phone number on the sign and a staff member will provide instructions. You must wear a face covering to pick up printed and copied pages.
Drive-Up Pickup is available at our New Albany, Northern Lights, Parsons, Shepard and Whitehall branches.
Main Library provides Curbside Pickup in the parking garage and contact-free pickup in the atrium. Call the phone number on the sign and staff will provide instructions. You must wear a face covering to pick up items in the atrium.
Visit our Locations page for addresses and hours. For more information, click the box below to visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
CHECK OUT OUR DIGITAL ACTIVITY IN REAL TIME
Click below to see how many eBooks and eAudiobooks are being checked out from Digital Downloads, powered by OverDrive.