COLUMBUS—Columbus Metropolitan Library (CML) unveils today its new and improved website at columbuslibrary.org. With a new design and improved navigation, the site offers CML customers a better user experience with no fundamental changes to catalog search function.
While providing access to CML’s catalog of materials, columbuslibrary.org also connects customers with much more, including:
- Information about CML events, storytimes, author talks and more
- Tips for parents and caregivers to ensure their preschoolers are Ready for Kindergarten
- Tools for K-12 students to get help with their schoolwork
- Information and resources for adult jobseekers
- A robust digital collection of historical documents and photographs
- Dozens of free research tools and resources – many that would otherwise require fees
- Access to library staff to help customers choose their next books or get the help they need
- Important news from community partners
- Updates about the COVID-19 pandemic and vaccine program
CML’s website received 7.5 million user visits in 2020. Web visits were down because of the COVID-19 pandemic and the library closures that resulted from it. Pre-pandemic, columbuslibrary.org averaged nearly 10 million user visits per year. The previous version of the website debuted in 2012.