Looking for a way to help the library in your community? Volunteer! Columbus Metropolitan Library offers several volunteer options that make a difference in the lives of our customers. The options include:
- Homework Help – Work with kindergarten through high school seniors to help them successfully complete homework projects. We’re looking for adults who can help at least one day a week for two hours.
- Reading Buddies – Read with K-3 students an hour a week to help them build reading skills. We ask volunteers to help out one hour, once a week.
- Ready for Kindergarten – Help children learn what they need to know before starting school. Please note that this opportunity is not available at all locations.
- Life Skills – Work with customers on valuable basic computer skills, including job searches and resumes. Limited positions available. Not available at all locations.
- Shelving – Work with staff to get books in the hands of our customers. Limited positions available. Not available at all locations.
Teens: Drop by your local branch to discover the volunteer opportunities available for you. Talk to Youth Services staff to find out how you can be involved at your neighborhood library.
To complete the Volunteer Application, click here. We use one form for adults and teens.
If you have questions about any of our volunteer opportunities, email email@example.com or call 614-849-1055.
Already a CML volunteer? Track your volunteer hours here.