COLUMBUS—Columbus Metropolitan Library (CML) hosted a virtual media event earlier today, reaffirming its support for the 10 school districts it serves and showcasing its School Help webpage, where K-12 students can get one-on-one help with schoolwork and reading.
Those interested can view a portion of the brief program by clicking here.
CML’s School Help webpage features:
- Online K-12 Homework Help, with staff ready to answer homework questions and help with reading practice via text, chat and phone seven days a week.
- Video tutorials with step-by-step instructions on how to use key homework tools.
- HelpNow, a resource that offers 24-hour access to study tools and test preparation, plus online tutors available every day from 2-11 p.m.
- Links to school district and library resources.
“While we regret that our Homework Help and Reading Buddies programs can’t be offered in person at this time due to the pandemic, we know that students and families need our support more than ever before,” said CML Public Services Director Kathy Shahbodaghi. “However your student is learning right now – whether in person, virtually or a blend of both – Columbus Metropolitan Library is here to help.”
All 23 CML locations are open for Curbside Pickup and nearly all are open for Limited Services. All customers age 5 and older are required to wear a face covering while inside CML buildings.
CML will continue to follow guidelines provided by local, county and state health officials and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Digital library resources remain available 24/7 at columbuslibrary.org, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, magazines, movies and music, plus research and learning tools.
CML has many channels for customers to connect with staff, including:
- Live Chat: CML’s live chat feature is a convenient way to get help Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sunday from 1-5 p.m.
- Phone Lines: CML staff are available at 614-645-2275 to give customers the help they need Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sunday from 1-5 p.m.
- School Help: K-12 students, parents and teachers can connect with staff members for Online Homework Help.
- Reserve an Expert: Customers can book an online, one-on-one appointment to get the help they need.
The safety of customers and staff is a priority for the library. Follow CML on social media (Facebook, Twitter) and check columbuslibrary.org for updates. Additional changes in operation will be shared as this public health situation continues to evolve.
CML is grateful to its customers, friends, colleagues and supporters who have expressed their concern and understanding during this uncertain time.
Columbus Metropolitan Library has served the people of Franklin County, Ohio since 1873. With its Main Library and 22 branches, CML is well known for signature services and programs like Homework Help, Reading Buddies, Summer Reading Challenge and Ready for Kindergarten. The library’s Strategic Plan supports the vision of “a thriving community where wisdom prevails,” which positions CML to respond to areas of urgent need: kids unprepared for kindergarten, third grade reading proficiency, high school graduation, college and career readiness and employment resources.