COLUMBUS—Columbus Metropolitan Library (CML) today announces that all 23 locations are now open for browsing and other limited services. All locations continue to offer Curbside Pickup. CML began its Curbside Pickup on May 18 and its limited services on June 2 at select locations.
With LIMITED SERVICES, customers can enter the building to:
- Browse shelves to pick out items in the collection.
- Pick up items on hold.
- Get Grab & Go Books.
- Return items.
- Use a computer (60-minute limit).
- Print, copy, scan and fax.
- Get Job Help at 5 locations
- Franklinton Branch | 1061 W. Town St.
- Hilltop Branch | 3658 Soldano Blvd.
- Karl Road Branch | 5590 Karl Rd.
- Parsons Branch | 1113 Parsons Ave.
- Southeast Branch | 3980 S. Hamilton Rd.
Face coverings are required to enter; children under the age of 5 are not required to wear them. Disposable face masks are available for customers.
Learn more about Limited Services and Curbside Pickup here.
CML will continue to follow guidelines provided by local, county and state health officials and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Digital library resources are available 24/7 at columbuslibrary.org, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, magazines, movies and music, plus research and learning tools.
CML has many channels for customers to connect with staff, including:
- Live Chat: CML’s live chat is a convenient way to get help Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sunday from 1-5 p.m.
- Phone: 614-645-2275 connects customers to staff Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday & Saturday from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sunday from 1-5 p.m.
- Reserve an Expert: Customers can schedule a one-on-one, virtual appointment with a librarian to get help with business information, searching for a job or downloading digital content. Customers can also book an online, one-on-one appointment with the Legal Advice Clinic for brief legal questions.
CML is grateful to its customers, friends, colleagues and supporters who have expressed their concern and understanding during this uncertain time.
Columbus Metropolitan Library has served the people of Franklin County, Ohio since 1873. With its Main Library and 22 branches, CML is well known for signature services and programs like Homework Help, Reading Buddies, Summer Reading Challenge and Ready for Kindergarten. The library’s Strategic Plan supports the vision of “a thriving community where wisdom prevails,” which positions CML to respond to areas of urgent need: kids unprepared for kindergarten, third grade reading proficiency, high school graduation, college and career readiness and employment resources.
CML was named a 2011 National Medal Winner by the Institute for Museum and Library Services for work in community service, the highest honor for libraries and museums. CML was also named 2010 Library of the Year by Library Journal.