Babies - Age 4
Frequently Asked Questions
Two ways, starting May 30:
- Visit any Columbus Metropolitan Library location to sign up and receive a Reading Record.
- Sign up online and print your own Reading Record.
You'll also find calendars of events for each location online and in our locations.
Summer Reading Club ends August 1.
Everyone, from infants to adults!
Interested in helping as a Summer Reading Club VolunTeen? Drop by the branch in your neighborhood and talk with the Summer Reading Club coordinator about completing an online application. Not all locations have open VolunTeen positions throughout the summer. If your branch is full and you are interested in finding another location to help, call 614-645-2275.
- Starting Saturday, May 30 and any time during the program
- Summer Reading Club ends August 1
- Completed Reading Records must be logged by August 2 to be eligible for raffle drawings on Monday, August 3
Summer reading is fun! You’ll earn prizes. And it will keep your reading skills strong.
A library card is the most valuable card you can have! A library card will be required this summer at three of our locations: Linden, Reynoldsburg and Southeast. Be sure to bring your card every time you come to the library. Don’t have one? Apply here.
Lots of things!
- Practice your reading skills
- Join us for fun programs and entertaining performers
- Check out great books
- Ages 5 or older: Read for 12 hours
- Ages 0-4: Complete 6 reading activities; the Reading Record has reading activities parents and caregivers can do with their pre-readers
- Babies and toddlers (0-4) who complete the program earn a Book
- Kids (5 to 11) who complete the program earn a Book
- Teens (12 to 17) who complete the program earn a Book
- Adults (18 and above) who complete the program earn an extra raffle entry
Also, you can earn other prizes along the way!