Babies to Age 4
Frequently Asked Questions
Two ways, starting June 4:
- Visit any Columbus Metropolitan Library location to sign up and receive a Reading Record.
- Sign up online and print your own Reading Record.
You'll also find calendars of events for each location online and in our locations.
Summer Reading Club ends August 6.
Everyone, from infants to adults!
Interested in helping as a Summer Reading Club VolunTeen? Drop by the branch in your neighborhood and talk with the Summer Reading Club coordinator about completing an online application. Not all locations have open VolunTeen positions throughout the summer. If your branch is full and you are interested in finding another location to help, call 614-645-2275.
- Starting Saturday, June 4 and anytime during the program
- Summer Reading Club ends August 6
- Completed Reading Records must be logged by August 6 in order to be eligible for raffle drawings on Monday, August 8
Summer reading is fun! You’ll earn prizes. And it will keep your reading skills strong.
Yes. A library card is required to participate in Summer Reading Club. A library card is the most valuable card you can have! Be sure to bring your card every time you come to the library. Don’t have one? Apply here.
Lots of things!
- Practice your reading skills
- Join us for fun programs and entertaining performers
- Check out great books
- Ages 0-4: Read or be read to for 6 hours; the Reading Record has reading activities parents and caregivers can do with their pre-readers
- Ages 5 and older: Read for 12 hours
- Everyone who completes the program will have 3 raffle entries to count towards the raffle prize for their age group
- Babies and toddlers (0-4) who complete the program earn a Coupon Sheet
- Kids (5 to 11) who complete the program earn a Coupon Sheet
- Teens (12 to 17) who complete the program earn a Coupon Sheet
- Adults (18 and above) who complete the program earn a Coupon Sheet
Also, you can earn other prizes along the way!