Columbus Metropolitan Library (CML) meeting rooms may be used by both non-profit and for-profit organizations free of charge.
For-profit organizations may not use CML meeting rooms for commerce but are encouraged to use them for retreats or other business related meetings.
Use of CML meeting rooms for financial gain is prohibited. This includes marketing or selling of goods and/or services, fundraising, or accepting donations; except as provided in the Private Events and Exhibit Policies.
Entrance fees/admission charges are acceptable only to cover the costs of the program (speaker fees, meals, handouts, etc.). Imposing entrance fees/admission charges other than to cover program overhead (i.e. for profit) is strictly prohibited.
Meeting rooms may not be reserved for a single individual. No private events such as birthday parties, etc. may be held in meeting rooms.
- A library card is required for all meeting room reservations. Card holders with an excess of $100.00 in fines/fees will be denied use of the meeting room. The card holder must be at least 18 years of age to reserve a meeting room. An adult (18 years or older) must be present during any use of CML meeting rooms.
- Large meeting rooms are intended for the use of groups. CML reserves the right to deny requests for a large room if it is being reserved for an individual.
- The person submitting the application must accept CML’s Meeting Room Terms and Conditions for the use of the meeting room and take responsibility to see that all conditions of use are followed. Reservation twenty-four (24) hours in advance is preferred.
- CML reserves the right to cancel or change any meeting room reservation with twenty-four (24) hours’ notice if circumstances at CML so demand. CML reserves the right to cancel meeting room reservations with less than twenty-four (24) hours’ notice due to acts of nature or situations warranting an emergency closing of a CML facility.
- Organizations can reserve meeting rooms up to four (4) months in advance. Due to high demand, organizations may be limited to one reservation per month, with a maximum limit of five reservations per month.
- Due to high demand, cancellations should be made as soon as possible to allow others to use the rooms. Recurrent failures to cancel reasonably in advance of the reservation date may result in the loss of meeting room privileges. If others are requesting the room, CML reserves the right to cancel a meeting room reservation if the person who reserved the room (or a designated group member) has not arrived within the first half hour after the reservation start time.
- Notices posted in the library or submitted to the media announcing the meeting must first be approved by the Branch Manager or his/her designee.
- The kitchens in multipurpose rooms are available upon request; however, no supplies will be provided. Red punch or red-colored beverages may not be served or consumed in meeting rooms.
- Arrangements can be made for use of library-owned equipment at the time of application. Available equipment is listed in the online room descriptions, however the condition of the equipment cannot be guaranteed. Library staff is not available to run or maintain this equipment during the meeting. CML reserves the right to cancel the use of equipment if needed for a library-sponsored event.
- Groups may not use the library staff telephones.
- Tables and chairs are available for meeting use. Set-up and take-down of the chairs and tables is the responsibility of the group. Clean-up of the room is required. Failure to comply may result in the assessment of a cleaning fee or loss of future meeting room reservations.
- Meetings held in CML meeting rooms must not disturb normal library operations. CML reserves the right to stop meetings that are disruptive to normal library operations.
- CML reserves the right to reject any application, or cancel any reservation, if it is determined that the organization has abused its past privileges in using the meeting rooms in any way as determined by CML, including but not limited to: violation of any of the preceding policies and procedures, disruptive behavior, vandalism, theft, and failure to appear for a scheduled meeting.
- The acceptance of CML’s Meeting Room Terms and Conditions (electronically or in person) assigns responsibility for loss or damages to the room and loss or damage to any CML property or equipment used during the meeting to the organization submitting the application and accepting the terms.
- Meetings in select locations can be scheduled to begin prior to the library opening but no earlier than 7:30 a.m. Monday – Saturday and 11:30 a.m. Sunday. Meeting organizers will be charged for each hour, or portion thereof, scheduled before the library opens to cover the cost of security coverage. Security will be provided by CML for all before-hours meetings. Charges will be made in increments of 30 minutes. Before-hours meetings must be scheduled two weeks in advance in order to provide time to schedule security coverage. CML reserves the right to waive charges for affiliated organizations and strategic partners.
- Meetings in select locations can be scheduled to end after the library closes. Meeting organizers will be charged for each hour, or portion thereof, scheduled after the library closes to cover the cost of security coverage. Security will be provided by CML for all after-hours meetings. Charges will be made in increments of 30 minutes. After-hours meetings must be scheduled to begin at least 30 minutes before the library closes. After-hours meetings must be scheduled two weeks in advance in order to provide time to schedule security coverage. CML reserves the right to waive charges for affiliated organizations and strategic partners.
- CML reserves the right to have staff attend meetings and other events in library meeting room facilities.